News and updates
- Simplified token management in FedCloud client by using Mytoken
It is little late but I would like to announce the support of Mytoken service for simplifying token management in FedCloud client that was added to versions 1.3.x.
In short, users can:
* Go to Mytoken server at https://mytoken.data.kit.edu/ and create a mytoken,
* Set FEDCLOUD_MYTOKEN environment variable to the newly create mytoken,
* Use FedCloud client as normally and don’t have to care about token expiration.
Using Mytoken service greatly simplifies the token management and increases security of FedCloud client. No additional installation (of oidc-agent) is needed, users can set many restrictions for mytokens (expiration time, IP range, countries) to improve security.
As a part of supporting Mytoken, there are some related changes:
* A new command “
fedcloud token issue” was added for issuing access token (from Mytoken service or oidc-agent) for external tools/services (e.g. Terraform, rclone, …). That will remove the need of installing Mytoken client on VM.
* Support for refresh tokens is deprecated in the favor of Mytoken. Using refresh tokens in Cloud environment was considered as insecure and and its deprecation was warned for a long time.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.
- eduDNS service is released
eduDNS service, the Dynamic DNS service for Academia, is ready for users from universities and academies:
- * Service GUI portal: https://edudns.services.fedcloud.eu/
- * Documentation: https://edudns.docs.fedcloud.eu/
- * Tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=808VryJeZPI
The service is the result of cooperation between IISAS and IFCA and is supported by GÉANT via the Vietsch Foundation.
- New fedcloud.eu webpage
Welcome to the new fedcloud.eu website. This site will provide latest information about services developed by Institute of Informatics for EGI Infrastructure.